EXPIRED: eBook: "Save the Pixel" - Web Design and Marketing Secrets - only $13!
Expires: January 20, 2012, 11:59 pm EST
Wouldn’t you like to know the secrets to layout, design, and copywriting that no one ever told you about? You know, the ones that actually work? Save the Pixel, the best-selling eBook guide to crafting effective web pages, does all that and more! Now in its second edition, Save the Pixel includes 188 pages of info and examples to show you exactly how to transform your web sites today.
And through this deal, you can get Save the Pixel for more than 50% off the regular price of $27 - just $13!
- The Art of Simple Web Design: The essence of the "Save the Pixel" philosophy, introducing crucial web design disciplines: "Enough and no more", Occam's Razor, "Design the Content – not the box", and "Think-then-do".
- Why are we here? Tips to get simple, realistic, specific goals, so you're 100% focused on the task at hand.
- Make a site for its visitors: Clarify who's going to use your web site, what they want, and how to help them.
- Spread the smell of success: Retain visitors' trust and achieve your goals by moving visitors smoothly towards theirs.
- The simple shall inherit the world wide web: Why simplicity is good for business, and why conventions are your friends.
- Getability and the brand: How to make every page on your web site instantly understandable.
- Layout: Achieve great getability by understanding and applying screen real estate, columns, cascade, ownership, containment, and the focal point.
- Navigation: How to people know where they are, where they can go, and how to get there easily.
- Noticeability: How to manage the visitor's attention to help them stay on the site and find what they want by understanding and applying the 9 Principles of Noticeability.
- Space: The vital importance of space in noticeability and how to get the balance right.
- Design your content: Keep your design focused on content (words and imagery), not the background.
- In a nutshell: A handy crib sheet for the complete "Save the Pixel" process.
About the author:
The author of Save the Pixel, Ben Hunt, has been creating marketing sites and web-based applications since 1994, for everyone from sole traders to corporations and government entities. He has spoken at industry events including The System Seminar, EADIM, and Blogging for Business.
You don’t need to be a designer to get the benefit of this web design book. If you are a site owner, web developer, or responsible for your organization’s website, Save the Pixel will help you succeed!
See what others are saying:
"It's just what I was looking for. I know it will be a lot of use for me to build my new website. I would have bought the e-book for double the price." - Edwin van de Plasse
"After working on website development for years I read the Save the pixel web design ebook by scratchmedia. It has revolutionised the way that I think about websites and I only wish I could have read it sooner." - David Carr
"Every working web designer should read it as it is chock full of great tips and advice for creating great user experiences. An excellent resource even for seasoned Web design pros but it should be required reading for all aspiring and new Web designers to learn web design but especially wannabes. This book demonstrates very well why real design is a lot more than mere decoration and why every pixel counts when your site tries to communicate a brand or message as clearly as possible. Best money I spent all year..." - pixelyzed.com
"The principles in this book are really outstanding and really work. I utilized some of the techniques with the getability section and some various techniques, and it helped me close 2 projects worth over $4000 each." - MAJ3STIC STUDIOS
"Any webdesigner should buy and read this great ebook. Unless youre a guru webdesigner already, youre bound to learn something from this ebook. The focus is not on the technical or arty aspects of webdesign, but purely on the functional and communicational aspects of web design. Very inspirational, very nice to read. Especially when youre relatively new in web design, but not a complete rookie, and want to take your general web design knowledge to a higher level, this is an absolute must read!" - Jurgen Nijhuis, ArgosMediaDeal terms:
- Instant download in PDF format
- Not for redistribution/resale