NOW ON: Kern and Burn: Conversations with Design Entrepreneurs - only $9!
Expires: February 18, 2014, 11:59 pm EST
Design Entrepreneurs are a tough lot. They have a creative passion within that just burns to take over. Not many, however, will take the plunge and use their love of design to start a full-fledged company on their own. The hardest part is always that first step. What better way to learn than by example?
Through a series of 30 candid interviews with today's leading modern designers, Kern and Burn: Conversations with Design Entrepreneurs reveals the trials and tribulations of what it takes to make it as a design entrepreneur today. Learn from others' failures, successes, and general perspectives on the industry. You'll also receive a list of many of the popular resources and designers mentioned throughout this eBook. Now's the time to jump on this Mighty Deal because for a limited time only, you can snag it at 40% off the regular price!
- 30 Candid Interviews
Learning by example is the best way to truly succeed at something. And with this anecdote-filled eBook, you'll get to sit in on 30 different conversations with leading modern designers. Learn how they founded their startups, channeled a passion into a full-fledge career, and risked everything to do what they love.
- Failures and Successes
Sometimes learning what not to do is as important as learning what you should be doing. In Kern and Burn, you won't just hear about these leading designers' successes, but also their failures and overall perspectives on the industry they've dedicated their lives and careers to following.
- Read it Anywhere
Your purchase of Kern and Burn includes a variety of digital versions, so you can read it on your favorite device. Available file formats include ePub, MOBI and PDF, so you can dive in on your iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Nook, and many more of today's most popular devices.
- Additional Resources
This fantastic industry eBook also includes a helpful resource section of all the major companies and designers mentioned in the book. Find contact information such as website addresses and even Twitter handles for the designers and the useful companies and services they refer to throughout the pages of this beautiful two-color book.
- 12 Powerful Illustrations
Pictures speak volumes, right? Well, this volume includes 12 full-spread illustrations of the principles of design entrepreneurship to help you get on your way and stay the course!
- 30 Top Designers Interviewed
Through a series of very personal and insightful interviews with 30 of today's leading designers, you can get a real feel for how successful entrepreneurs have made it! So who made the cut? Glad you asked! Here's a rundown of chapters:
- Ben Pieratt - Take Greater Opportunities
- Randy J. Hunt - Design and Build
- Kate Bingaman-Burt - Fail in Good Spirits
- Elliot Jay Stocks - Create With Passion
- Christian Helms - Always Ask for Advice
- Wilson Miner - Be Curious, and Ask Questions
- Dan Provost - Give It a Go
- Andy McMillan - Build a Community
- Kyle Sollenberger - Keep Moving Forward
- Peter Buchanan-Smith - Start Making (Read)
- Neil Blumenthal - Change the World
- Armin Vit - Provide a Jolt
- Chris Coyier - Fall in Love With an Idea
- Jen Bilik - Value Your Audience
- Tad Carpenter - Love It, or Leave It
- Don Clark - Create What You Love
- Jessica Hische - Determine Your Own Value
- Riley Cran - Dare to Change an Industry
- Josh Brewer - Create to Share
- Enrique Allen - Learn by Doing
- Jake Nickell - Make Work With Friends
- Katie Kirk - Design Your Life
- Dusty Summers - Stay Restless
- Scott Wilson - Make Your Ideas Real
- Duane King - Thinking Is Living
- Aaron Draplin - Hammer All Night Long
- Mikey Burton - Make It Fun
- Mimi O Chun - Transcend Your Discipline
- Joe Gebbia - Solve Your Own Problems
by Keenan Cummings (Read)
by The Authors
Take Greater Opportunities
|Randy J. Hunt
Design and Build
Fail in Good Spirits (Read)
|Elliot Jay Stocks
Create With Passion
Always Ask for Advice
Be Curious, and Ask Questions
Give It a Go
Build a Community
Keep Moving Forward
Start Making (Read)
Change the World
Provide a Jolt
Fall in Love With an Idea
Value Your Audience
Love It, or Leave It
Create What You Love
Determine Your Own Value
Dare to Change an Industry
Create to Share
Learn by Doing
Make Work With Friends
Design Your Life
Make Your Ideas Real
Thinking Is Living
Hammer All Night Long
Make It Fun
|Mimi O Chun
Transcend Your Discipline
Solve Your Own Problems
Kern and Burn: Conversations with Design Entrepreneurs normally sells for $15, but for a limited time only, you can get this fantastic and helpful read for just $9! That's 40% off the regular price!
Click BUY NOW and and take your entrepreneurship to the next level!Deal terms:
- Delivered as an instant download, after completing your purchase.
- This eBook is delivered in multiple formats: ePub (for iPad or other eReaders), MOBI (for Kindle) and PDF (for any computer or eReader).
- The downloadable files purchased through this Mighty Deals offer are not for resale.