- Used Book in Good Condition
About this Book
If your website is a jumpy collection of linked pages, you are behind. Single page web applications are your next step: pushing UI rendering and business logic to the browser and communicating with the server only to synchronize data, they provide a smooth user experience, much like a native application. But, SPAs can be hard to develop, manage, and test.
This book assumes basic knowledge of web development. No experience with SPAs is required.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
- Design, build, and test a full-stack SPA
- Best-in-class tools like jQuery, TaffyDB, Node.js, and MongoDB
- Real-time web with web sockets and Socket.IO
- Touch controls for tablets and smartphones
- Common SPA design mistakes
About the Authors
The authors are architects and engineering managers. Michael Mikowski has worked on many commercial SPAs and a platform that processes over 100 billion requests per year. Josh Powell has built some of the most heavily trafficked sites on the web.
Table of Contents
PART 1: INTRODUCING SPAS
- Our first single page application
PART 2: SPA CLIENT
- Develop the Shell
- Add feature modules
- Build the Model
- Finish the Model and Data modules
PART 3: THE SPA SERVER
- The web server
- The server database
- Readying our SPA for production
List Price: $ 44.99
Price: $ 31.00
Here are just some of the things you’ll learn in Head First HTML5 Programing:
- Learn how to make your pages truly interactive by using the power of the DOM.
- Use the Geolocation API to know where your users are.
- Bring out your inner artist with Canvas, HTML5’s new 2D drawing surface.
- Go beyond just plugging a video into your pages, and create custom video experiences.
- Learn the secret to grabbing five megabytes of storage in every user’s browser.
- Improve your page’s responsiveness and performance with Web workers.
- And much more.
List Price: $ 49.99
Price: $ 23.00
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it’s a dozen independent web standards all rolled into one. Until now, all it’s been missing is a manual. With this thorough, jargon-free guide, you’ll learn how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic drawings, geolocation, offline web apps, drag-and-drop, and many other features. HTML5 is the future of the Web, and with this book you’ll reach it quickly.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages in a new way. Learn how HTML5 helps make web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Draw with Canvas. Create shapes, pictures, text, and animation—and make them interactive.
- Go a long way with style. Use CSS3 and HTML5 to jazz up your pages and adapt them for mobile devices.
- Build web apps with rich desktop features. Let users work with your app offline, and process user-selected files in the browser.
- Create location-aware apps. Write geolocation applications directly in the browser.
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: $ 19.95
Learn to make more efficient apps, with just one language!
- Contains numerous hands-on examples
- Explains implementation of real-time apps including Socket.IO and HTML5, and WebSockets
- Addresses practical Node.js advantages from specific design choices
- Includes an interactive online component with sample chapters
- Explains components of stand out apps including brevity and benchmarks
List Price: $ 44.99
Price: $ 23.73