- ISBN13: 9781904811824
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
List Price: $ 34.99
Price: $ 15.21
Ajax is at the heart of the Web 2.0 revolution. It isn’t a technology but, rather, is a technique that leverages other technologies and techniques, such as CSS, XML, DHTML, and XHTML. Many Web designers and programmers would like to incorporate Ajax in their projects because of the amazing functionality it can add to a Web site, but they can’t because of the steep learning curve. That’s where this book steps in. It makes learning Ajax fun and easy — a great place to start! Visual QuickProject Guides focus on a single project. In this case the project is creating a business employee directory, like an address book. What’s being created is a better, new kind of Web site.
List Price: $ 19.99
Price: $ 7.99
All you need to know on web design in a thorough new edition
If you want just one complete reference on web design, this book is it. The newest edition of this essential guide features 650+ pages on the latest tools and new web design standards, such as HTML5, CSS 3, and other core technologies and page-building strategies. Five minibooks provide deep coverage: essential pre-design considerations, how to establish the look of your site, building a site, how to test your site, and taking your site public. Design professional and author Sue Jenkins understands what designers need and gives you the answers.
- Thorough revision brings you up to date on the latest changes in the world of web design
- Features five minibooks that cover all the bases: Getting Started, Designing for the Web, Building the Site, Standards and Testing, and Publishing and Site Maintenance
- Covers the latest tools, page-building strategies, and emerging technologies, such as HTML5 and CSS 3
- Includes over 650 pages of detail on such topics as establishing audience focus, creating content, using mock-ups and storyboards to establish the look, how to design for text and images, testing your site, and more
If you’re looking for an in-depth reference on all aspects of designing and building a site and taking it live, Web Design All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition is the book.
List Price: $ 44.99
Price: $ 24.63
This book is the most comprehensive and up to date introduction to ASP.NET ever written. Focussing solely on C#, with no code samples duplicated in other languages, award winning author Matthew MacDonald introduces you to the very latest thinking and best practices for the ASP.NET 4.5 technology.
Assuming no prior coding experience, you’ll be taught everything you need to know from the ground up. Starting from first principals, you’ll learn the skills you need to be an effective ASP.NET developer who is ready to progress to more sophisticated projects and professional work.
You’ll be taught how to use object orientation and code-behind techniques to lay out your code clearly in a way other developers can easily understand. You’ll learn how to query databases from within you web pages, spice up your layouts using ASP.NET AJAX and deploy your finished websites to production servers. You’ll also learn how to debug your code when things go wrong and the performance and scalability issues that can affect your web projects as they grow.
With you book you can take your first step towards becoming a successful ASP.NET developer with confidence.
What you’ll learn
- Learn everything you need to know to build ASP.NET 4.5 applications with confidence.
- Dive into the deepest, broadest, introductory ASP.NET coverage available.
- Be guided by an award winning author who will steadily progress your knowledge from first principles to advanced techniques over the course of the book.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for anyone new to .NET development who wants to learn how ASP.NET 4.5 works. No prior programming knowledge is assumed and all concepts are explained from first principals.
Table of Contents
1. The .NET Framework
2. The C# Language
3. Types, Objects, and Namespaces
4. Visual Studio
5. Web Form Fundamentals
6. Web Controls
7. Error Handling, Logging, and Tracing
8. State Management
11.User Controls and Graphics
12.Styles, Themes, and Master Pages
16.The Data Controls
17.Files and Streams
22.Advanced ASP.NET Components
24.LINQ and the Entity Framework
26.Deploying ASP.NET Applications
List Price: $ 44.99
Price: $ 25.25
PROFESSIONAL TECHNIQUES FOR MODERN LAYOUT
Smashing CSS takes you well beyond the basics, covering not only the finer points of layout and effects, but introduces you to the future with HTML5 and CSS3. Very few in the industry can show you the ins and outs of CSS like Eric Meyer and inside Smashing CSS Eric provides techniques that are thorough, utterly useful, and universally applicable in the real world. From choosing the right tools, to CSS effects and CSS3 techniques with jQuery, Smashing CSS is the practical guide to building modern web layouts.
With Smashing CSS you will learn how to:
- Throw elements offscreen/hide them
- Create body/HTML backgrounds in XHTML
- Usemore than 15 layout techniques including clearfix, two/three simple columns, faux columns, One True Layout, Holy Grail, em-based layout, fluid grids, sticky footers, and more
- Use a variety of CSS effects including CSS popups, boxpunching, rounded corners, CSS sprites, Sliding Doors, Liquid Bleach, ragged floats, and more
- Apply CSS table styling including using thead, tfoot, and tbody, row headers, column-oriented styling (classes); styling data tables with jQuery, tables to graphs, tables to maps; and more
- Use CSS3 elements including rounded corners, multiple backgrounds, RGBA, using jQuery to do CSS3 selections and so much more.
Smashing Magazine (smashingmagazine.com) is one of the world’s most popular web design sites. True to the Smashing mission, the Smashing Magazine book series delivers useful and innovative information to Web designers and developers.
List Price: $ 44.99
Price: $ 24.16
Everything is clearly explained with plenty of examples and figures, and you will absolutely find this one of the easiest courses you have ever taken. Once you’ve finished it, you’ll completely understand CSS and CSS3, and be fully confident of how to use it to make really impressive and dynamic web pages.
Starting from the basics of CSS (which experienced users can skim) the book covers everything you need to know about CSS and CSS3 in these 16 easy-to-follow lectures:
- Introduction to CSS
- The CSS Rules
- CSS Selectors
- The CSS Cascade
- CSS Fonts & Typography
- CSS Color & Position
- The CSS Box Model
- Introduction to CSS3
- CSS3 Attribute Selectors
- CSS3 Backgrounds
- CSS3 Borders
- CSS3 Box Shadows, Overflow & Columns
- CSS3 Colors & Opacity
- CSS3 Text Effects & Web Fonts
- CSS3 Transformations & Transitions
- CSS3 3D Transformation
After reading this book you will be fully up-to-date on all the latest powerful design features provided by CSS3, and will be all set to bring your web designs up to the next level.
List Price: $ 19.99
Price: $ 16.25
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: $ 31.75
So it’s a great first book in web programming if you’re just starting out:
- It shows you how to get an Apache web server environment set up, so you can test the apps on your computer
- It gives you a quick-start course that shows you how to develop, test, and debug PHP applications that get data from a MySQL database…in just 6 chapters
Then, whether you’re a beginning or experienced web developer, the rest of the book gives you a full set of professional PHP and MySQL skills:
- The 9-chapter section on PHP teaches you how to build web applications using all the skills that make for a smooth user experience…like how to handle forms, strings, dates, arrays, cookies, sessions, and exceptions
- The 5-chapter section on MySQL teaches you all the standard features you need to know for working with databases…like how to design and create a database and how to use SQL and PHP to work with database data
- The 4-chapter section on advanced skills teaches you how to handle professional requirements, like ensuring security, generating email, processing images, and working with code from other web sites (like YouTube videos)…and it culminates with a Guitar Shop web site that shows how everything in the book ties together
Regardless of what you’re learning next, each chapter covers skills from the simple to the complex. So you can go deeper and deeper to gain a sophisticated set of web and database skills, at your own pace.
So don’t wait! Get your copy right away. I think you’ll be delighted at how quickly you’ll be creating your own database-driven websites using PHP and MySQL.
List Price: $ 54.50
Price: $ 32.62
Expert book-and-video package gives you complete training on Creative Suite 6 Design Premium!
The next best thing to having your own private instructor guiding you through Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Premium at your own pace is this terrific book-and-video training tool from the expert instructors at AGI. More than 25 self-paced lessons teach you the basics of page layout, vector graphics, photo editing, document management, web design, animation, file management, and much more. Each step-by-step lesson is accompanied by exercises and video tutorials to make the concepts and techniques crystal clear.
You’ll find instruction for the complete suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Adobe Bridge, and Device Central.
- Features full-color, step-by-step instructions that make even the most complicated tasks easy to understand, while the video training enhances the content covered in the book
- Combines an 800+- page full-color instructional book along with lesson files and video training from Adobe Certified Experts
- Covers each component of the complete Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Premium package, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Adobe Bridge, and Device Central
Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Premium Digital Classroom is an effective way to master all the powerful tools in Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Premium at your own pace.
Note: The DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file. These materials are available for download upon purchase.
List Price: $ 59.99
Price: $ 31.87
CSS3 is the technology behind most of the eye-catching visuals on the Web today, but the official documentation can be dry and hard to follow. Luckily, The Book of CSS3 distills the heady technical language of the CSS3 specification into plain English, so you can get started on your next project right away.
With real-world examples and a focus on results, The Book of CSS3 shows you how to transform ordinary text into stunning, richly detailed web pages fit for any browser. You’ll master the latest cutting-edge CSS features, like multi-column layouts, borders and box effects, and new color and opacity settings. You’ll also learn how to:
- Stylize text with fully customizable outlines, drop shadows, and other effects
- Create, position, and resize unlimited background images on the fly
- Spice up static web pages with event-driven transitions and animations
- Apply 2D and 3D transformations to text and images
- Use linear and radial gradients to create smooth color transitions
- Tailor a website’s appearance to smartphones and other devices
From the simplest blog layout to the most feature-rich web portal, The Book of CSS3 puts the whole wide world of web design at your fingertips. The future of web design is now—what will you create with it?
5 Reasons to Start Using CSS3 from the Author
- Device-responsive pages
The big growth area of web browsing is on smartphone and tablet devices such as Android, iPhone and iPad. New media features and page layout modules in CSS3 let you make pages which respond to the capabilities of the device that’s viewing them, automatically optimizing your content for multiple screen sizes and giving your visitors a tailored experience.
- Eye candy!
- A better reading experience
The web was made for reading text, but for years we’ve had to use a handful of fonts in a very conservative way. CSS3 brings the power to use any font you wish, to decorate the text with drop shadows and outlining, plus new ways of laying out the text such as in multiple columns, like a newspaper or magazine.
- Easier to maintain
Using CSS2.1 usually means adding images (and extra markup) to your documents in order to achieve what should be simple effects. Something as basic as adding rounded corners to an element can mean using up to four extra empty elements to accommodate the graphics required to fake the appearance. CSS3 was created to address just these problems, so you can add rounded corners, drop shadows, gradient backgrounds and much more without writing unnecessary markup or creating multiple image files — meaning a lot less work to make and maintain your documents.
- Cleaner code
The greatly expanded range of selectors in CSS3 means you can add special formatting to links depending on their destination, loop through long tables and lists, even select form elements depending on their current state — all without having to clutter your code with surplus class attributes.
List Price: $ 34.95
Price: $ 19.78