- Uses clear descriptions, inspiring examples, and easy-to-follow diagrams
- Demonstrates the latest practices in progressive enhancement, cross-browser compatibility, and when you may be better off using CSS3
If you’re looking to create more enriching web experiences and express your creativity through code, then this is the book for you.
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: $ 26.52
Basics of Web Design: HTML, XHTML, and CSS is intended for use in a beginning web design or web development course. The text covers the basics that web designers need to develop their skills:
- Internet and Web concepts overview
- Create web pages with XHTML and HTML5
- Configure color and text with CSS
- Configure page layout with CSS
- Configure images and multimedia
- Explore new CSS3 properties
- Apply Web Design Best Practices
- Design accessible and usable web pages
- Design for search engine optimization
- Choose a domain name
- Publish to the Web
List Price: $ 82.80
Price: $ 58.00
This second edition of The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.
This book will teach you how to:
- Understand the process of what makes “good design,” from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
And lots more…
This revised, easy-to-follow guide is illustrated with beautiful, full-color examples, and leads readers through the process of creating great designs from start to finish.
It also features:
- Updated information about grid-based design
- How to design for mobile resolutions
- Information about the future of web fonts including @font-face
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
List Price: $ 39.95
Price: $ 22.68
A full-color introduction to the basics of HTML and CSS from the publishers of Wrox!
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teaching HTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to become programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone—hobbyists, students, and professionals—and it’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through the chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics of particular interest at your leisure
This educational book is one that you will enjoy picking up, reading, then referring back to. It will make you wish other technical topics were presented in such a simple, attractive and engaging way!
From the Author: Goals for this Book
Programming books can often look rather intimidating and uninspiring, but they do not need to be. We wanted to redesign the tech book and make it more accessible, relevant, and attractive to a whole new group of readers. The result is a book that feels more like a magazine and is enjoyable to flick through, and looks like it belongs in the graphic design section rather than the programming section of a bookstore.
- Large info-graphics are used to help simplify new or complex concepts
- Clean design and layout presents each topic on a new page for easy reference
- Printed in full-color, using a vibrant palette to distinguish different types of code
- Attractive code samples help you make beautiful web sites
List Price: $ 29.99
Price: $ 16.54