This is a quick introduction to PHP Object Oriented Programming for readers familiar with OOP concepts and having basic knowledge of PHP. The book covers syntax, namespace, dependency management, packaging, unit testing and documentation aspects.
- Miscellaneous: Type Hint, Clone, Exception & Others
- Functional Programming
- Dependency Management
- Unit Testing
- API Documentation
Source code referred in the book can be downloaded:
MADE FOR E-READERS
The book source has been carefully reviewed for legible viewing in Kindle supported devices.
Basics of Web Design: HTML, XHTML, and CSS is intended for use in a beginning web design or web development course. The text covers the basics that web designers need to develop their skills:
- Internet and Web concepts overview
- Create web pages with XHTML and HTML5
- Configure color and text with CSS
- Configure page layout with CSS
- Configure images and multimedia
- Explore new CSS3 properties
- Apply Web Design Best Practices
- Design accessible and usable web pages
- Design for search engine optimization
- Choose a domain name
- Publish to the Web
List Price: $ 82.80
Price: $ 58.00
The Definitive Guide to HTML5 provides the breadth of information you’ll need to start creating the next generation of HTML5 websites. It covers all the base knowledge required for standards-compliant, semantic, modern website creation. It also covers the full HTML5 ecosystem and the associated APIs that complement the core HTML5 language.
The final part of the book covers the associated W3C APIs that surround the HTML5 specification. You will achieve a thorough working knowledge of the Geolocation API, web storage, creating offline applications, and the new drag and drop functionality. The Definitive Guide to HTML5 also dives into the key media enhancements of HTML5 and its surrounding technologies: Canvas, video and audio.
What you’ll learn
- How to use all of the core features of HTML5
- How to make the most of the APIs that surround HTML5, such as Geolocation, Web Storage, and drag and drop
- How to leverage the media capabilities of the modern web: Canvas, audio, and video
Who this book is for
Web developers and designers who want to increase their HTML5 skills to create modern, standards-compliant websites.
Table of Contents
- Putting HTML in Context
- Getting Ready
- Getting Started with HTML
- Getting Started with CSS
- HTML Elements in Context
- Creating HTML Documents
- Marking Up Text
- Grouping Content
- Creating Sections
- Working with Tables
- Working with Forms
- Customizing the Input Element
- Other Forms Elements & Input Validation
- Embedding Content
- CSS In Context
- Using the CSS Selectors – Part I
- Using the CSS Selectors – Part II
- Using Borders &Backgrounds
- Working with the Box Model
- Creating Layouts
- Styling Text
- Transitions, Animations & Transforms
- Other CSS Properties & Features
- The DOM in Context
- Working with the Document Object
- Working with the Window Object
- Working with DOM Elements
- Styling DOM Elements
- Working with Events
- Using the Element-Specific Objects
- Using Ajax – Part I
- Using Ajax – Part II
- Working with Multimedia
- Using the Canvas – Part I
- Using the Canvas – Part II
- Using Drag & Drop
- Using Geolocation
- Using Web Storage
- Creating Offline Applications
List Price: $ 44.99
Price: $ 25.10
The important stuff you need to know:
- Use animations and effects. Build drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, automated slideshows, and more.
- Improve your user interface. Learn how the pros make websites fun and easy to use.
- Collect data with web forms. Create easy-to-use forms that ensure more accurate visitor responses.
- Add a dash of Ajax. Enable your web pages to communicate with a web server without a page reload.
- Practice with living examples. Get step-by-step tutorials for web projects you can build yourself.
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: $ 22.33