It hasn’t taken Web developers long to discover that when it comes to creating dynamic, database-driven Web sites, MySQL and PHP provide a winning open-source combination. Add this book to the mix, and there’s no limit to the powerful, interactive Web sites that developers can create. With step-by-step instructions, complete scripts, and expert tips to guide readers, veteran author and database designer Larry Ullman gets right down to business: After grounding readers with separate discussions of first the scripting language (PHP) and then the database program (MySQL), he goes on to cover security, sessions and cookies, and using additional Web tools, with several sections devoted to creating sample applications. This guide is indispensable for beginning to intermediate level Web designers who want to replace their static sites with something dynamic. In this edition, the bulk of the new material covers the latest features and techniques with PHP and MySQL. Also new to this edition are chapters introducing jQuery and object-oriented programming techniques.
List Price: $ 44.99
Price: $ 24.55
- Go from nothing to a database-backed web application in no time at all
Node Web Development gives you an excellent starting point straight into the heart of developing server side web applications with node. You will learn, through practical examples, how to use the HTTP Server and Client objects, the Connect and Express application frameworks, the algorithms for asynchronous execution, and use both SQL and MongoDB databases.
This book is the ideal companion for getting started with Node. Starting with practical advice on installing Node for both development and application deployment, you will learn how to develop both HTTP Server and Client applications. Many different ways of working with Node are shown, including using database storage engines in applications and developing websites both with and without the Connect/Express web application framework. You will also get an introduction to Node’s CommonJS module system allowing you to implement an important subset of object-oriented design.
What you will learn from this book
- Make informed architecture choices in Node for performance and throughput
- Install and use Node for both the development and deployment of server-side web applications
- Use the Connect and Express application frameworks
- Set up either SQL or MongoDB database systems in your application
- Learn the difference between synchronous and asynchronous algorithms and why they are important
This book is a practical introduction to learning about Node. Each chapter introduces you to a different area of Node, using screenshots and examples to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
Who this book is written for
List Price: $ 24.99
Price: $ 24.98
This book will help you:
- Understand PHP essentials and the basics of object-oriented programming
- Master MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Create web pages with PHP and MySQL by integrating forms and other HTML features
- Use libraries and packages, including the Smarty web template system, PEAR program repository, and the Yahoo! User Interface Library
- Make Ajax calls and turn your website into a highly dynamic environment
- Upload and manipulate files and images, validate user input, and secure your applications
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: $ 22.31