HTML5 is revolutionizing the Web, and now it’s coming to your ebook reader! With the release of the EPUB 3 specification, HTML5 support will officially be a part of the EPUB standard, and publishers will be able to take full advantage of HTML5’s rich feature set to add rich media and interactivity to their ebook content.
HTML5 for Publishers gives an overview of some of the most exciting features HTML5 provides to ebook content creators–audio/video, geolocation, and the Canvas–and shows how to put them in action. Learn how to:
- Intersperse audio/video with textual content
- Create a graphing calculator to display algebraic equations on the Canvas
- Use geolocation to customize a work of fiction with details from the reader’s locale
- Use Canvas to add interactivity to a children’s picture book
List Price: $ 0.99
The important stuff you need to know:
- Use animations and effects. Build drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, automated slideshows, and more.
- Improve your user interface. Learn how the pros make websites fun and easy to use.
- Collect data with web forms. Create easy-to-use forms that ensure more accurate visitor responses.
- Add a dash of Ajax. Enable your web pages to communicate with a web server without a page reload.
- Practice with living examples. Get step-by-step tutorials for web projects you can build yourself.
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: $ 22.33