If you need help writing programs in Python 3, or want to update older Python 2 code, this book is just the ticket. Packed with practical recipes written and tested with Python 3.3, this unique cookbook is for experienced Python programmers who want to focus on modern tools and idioms.
Inside, you’ll find complete recipes for more than a dozen topics, covering the core Python language as well as tasks common to a wide variety of application domains. Each recipe contains code samples you can use in your projects right away, along with a discussion about how and why the solution works.
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Strings and Text
- Numbers, Dates, and Times
- Iterators and Generators
- Files and I/O
- Data Encoding and Processing
- Classes and Objects
- Modules and Packages
- Network and Web Programming
- Utility Scripting and System Administration
- Testing, Debugging, and Exceptions
- C Extensions
List Price: $ 49.99
Price: $ 25.99
Python for Data Analysis is concerned with the nuts and bolts of manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching data in Python. It is also a practical, modern introduction to scientific computing in Python, tailored for data-intensive applications. This is a book about the parts of the Python language and libraries you’ll need to effectively solve a broad set of data analysis problems. This book is not an exposition on analytical methods using Python as the implementation language.
Written by Wes McKinney, the main author of the pandas library, this hands-on book is packed with practical cases studies. It’s ideal for analysts new to Python and for Python programmers new to scientific computing.
- Use the IPython interactive shell as your primary development environment
- Learn basic and advanced NumPy (Numerical Python) features
- Get started with data analysis tools in the pandas library
- Use high-performance tools to load, clean, transform, merge, and reshape data
- Create scatter plots and static or interactive visualizations with matplotlib
- Apply the pandas groupby facility to slice, dice, and summarize datasets
- Measure data by points in time, whether it’s specific instances, fixed periods, or intervals
- Learn how to solve problems in web analytics, social sciences, finance, and economics, through detailed examples
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: $ 19.99
- ISBN13: 9781904811824
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
List Price: $ 34.99
Price: $ 15.21
- Go from nothing to a database-backed web application in no time at all
Node Web Development gives you an excellent starting point straight into the heart of developing server side web applications with node. You will learn, through practical examples, how to use the HTTP Server and Client objects, the Connect and Express application frameworks, the algorithms for asynchronous execution, and use both SQL and MongoDB databases.
This book is the ideal companion for getting started with Node. Starting with practical advice on installing Node for both development and application deployment, you will learn how to develop both HTTP Server and Client applications. Many different ways of working with Node are shown, including using database storage engines in applications and developing websites both with and without the Connect/Express web application framework. You will also get an introduction to Node’s CommonJS module system allowing you to implement an important subset of object-oriented design.
What you will learn from this book
- Make informed architecture choices in Node for performance and throughput
- Install and use Node for both the development and deployment of server-side web applications
- Use the Connect and Express application frameworks
- Set up either SQL or MongoDB database systems in your application
- Learn the difference between synchronous and asynchronous algorithms and why they are important
This book is a practical introduction to learning about Node. Each chapter introduces you to a different area of Node, using screenshots and examples to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
Who this book is written for
List Price: $ 24.99
Price: $ 24.98
Ajax is no longer an experimental approach to website development, but the key to building browser-based applications that form the cornerstone of Web 2.0. Head First Ajax gives you an up-to-date perspective that lets you see exactly what you can do — and has been done — with Ajax. With it, you get a highly practical, in-depth, and mature view of what is now a mature development approach.
Head First Ajax covers:
- Making Ajax requests with XMLHTTPREQUEST objects
- The asynchronous application model
- The Document Object Model (DOM)
- Controlling the browser with the Browser Object Model
- XHTML Forms
- POST Requests
- XML Syntax and the XML DOM tree
- XML Requests & Responses
- JSON — an alternative to XML
- Ajax architecture & patterns
- The Prototype Library
The book also discusses the server-side implications of building Ajax applications, and uses a “black box” approach to server-side components.
List Price: $ 44.99
Price: $ 15.00