The Quick Python Book, Second Edition, is a clear, concise introduction to Python 3, aimed at programmers new to Python. This updated edition includes all the changes in Python 3, itself a significant shift from earlier versions of Python.
The book begins with basic but useful programs that teach the core features of syntax, control flow, and data structures. It then moves to larger applications involving code management, object-oriented programming, web development, and converting code from earlier versions of Python.
True to his audience of experienced developers, the author covers common programming language features concisely, while giving more detail to those features unique to Python.
List Price: $ 39.99
Price: $ 22.70
This second edition of The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for people who can build websites, but are seeking the skills and knowledge to visually enhance their sites.
This book will teach you how to:
- Understand the process of what makes “good design,” from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
And lots more…
This revised, easy-to-follow guide is illustrated with beautiful, full-color examples, and leads readers through the process of creating great designs from start to finish.
It also features:
- Updated information about grid-based design
- How to design for mobile resolutions
- Information about the future of web fonts including @font-face
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
List Price: $ 39.95
Price: $ 22.68
This is the second edition of John Zelle’s Python Programming, updated for Python 3. This book is designed to be used as the primary textbook in a college-level first course in computing. It takes a fairly traditional approach, emphasizing problem solving, design, and programming as the core skills of computer science. However, these ideas are illustrated using a non-traditional language, namely Python. Although Python is used as the language, teaching Python is not the main point of this book. Rather, Python is used to illustrate fundamental principles of design and programming that apply in any language or computing environment. In some places, I have purposely avoided certain Python features and idioms that are not generally found in other languages. There are already many good books about Python on the market; this book is intended as an introduction to computing. Features include the following: *Extensive use of computer graphics. *Interesting examples. *Readable prose. *Flexible spiral coverage. *Just-in-time object coverage. *Extensive end-of-chapter problems.
List Price: $ 45.00
Price: $ 38.29